Tuesday, September 25, 2012

feels like fall!

And another busy weekend has come and gone! I wonder how long having things to do all weekend will last - I keep thinking that eventually things will slow down, but so far new things just keep coming up! Which is not a bad thing. :)

On Friday I went to the planetarium at Qiball with a couple of first-year WI-ALTs, for Aroma Night! I wrote a full-length post about it here on my travel blog if you want to know all about it. It was exciting to finally go to the planetarium (since we tried at Chiba orientation but couldn't go in), and also to get to know the people I went with a little better. After the show ended, we wandered around for a while before finding a place to eat a late dinner, then wandered a little more before splitting up to head home. I haven't really explored much around downtown Chiba because I haven't really feel like wandering around by myself (especially at night), so it was nice to have some other people to wander with! I think I'm starting to get to know the city a little better, bit by bit.

And then on Saturday I got up and went to the Ohara Hadaka Matsuri! You can read about it in (more) detail here! It was really fun to meet and spent time with JETs/WI-ALTs, in an alarmingly large group of foreigners, and they did some things I'd never seen at a festival before, so I'm definitely glad I went. Afterward, a big group of us decided to take a train to Mobara to go karaoke! Mobara was on my way home, which meant that my last train was later, so I went along and had a good time (highlight: My Heart Will Go On using the Japanese katakana pronunciation). 

Sunday I got up and got all ready to go to another Marines game, and because it was raining I took the bus. It didn't occur to me that rain also meant the possibility of the baseball game being cancelled, and right after I got on the bus I found out that it did get cancelled. -.-' What followed after that was a harrowing series of events that involved me making lots of poor decisions and traveling extra distances, but the end result was that I went to Makuhari (where the baseball game was supposed to be) anyway and met up with Cory and some other JETs/WI-ALTs for lunch. I'm still pretty sad that the game got cancelled (I was really excited to be in the cheering section with a big group of friends), but there's a make-up game in a couple of weeks that I'll be going to instead, and hopefully just as many people will come this time too!

Also, the fall equinox was on Saturday, and with it suddenly Chiba became much cooler! Sunday was rainy and actually chilly, which I didn't appreciate too much at the time because I was in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops (having totally forgotten that I brought my rain boots with me to Japan -.-'), but it's finally starting to feel like fall (at the end of September!), which is awesome. Fall is my favorite seasons, so I'm looking forward to cool weather and beautiful leaves. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment