Thursday, January 17, 2013

new year, new adventures

Wow, I've failed at posting recently! I was doing a pretty good job of (roughly) weekly updates before, so hopefully I'll get back to doing that (if only so my parents don't worry unnecessarily about me like they did over New Year's, haha). Anyway, a lot has happened but I am too lazy to type about most of it in too much detail, so instead I present a quick summary of fun things I've been up to:

- Kimono Beauty exhibit at the Chiba City Museum of Art (read all about it on my travel blog here)
- International Relations Section/International Association joint New Year's party (super fun; my predecessor even came down from Tokyo to join in)
- lunch at my coworker's house in Ichihara (got to meet my other coworkers kids too)
- first Tokyo Swing Night of the year (fun as always)
- trial kimono lesson (signed up for actual lessons, starting tomorrow!)
- a day in Tokyo with Satou-san, followed by dinner with his family (more details here)
- west coast swing dance party in Shinjuku (hurray for west coast!)
- Tokyo German Village (details and pictures here)
- Les Miserables and the first snow! (including stranded friend who spent the night)

Today at work I went over to the Economic Planning Section, where starting next Thursday I'll be working for one day a week! I'll still be doing translation, but exclusively whatever kind of international economic exchange stuff they want me to do. It'll probably be a little bit weird to be working over there at first, but I think it's a good chance for me to interact with some more people at work and learn a little more about what they do, so I'm looking forward to it. :)

The next few weekends (if not the weekdays) are going to be pretty exciting (a ski trip, a film festival, and Disney Sea!), so look forward to some long (and hopefully timely) posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment