Monday, May 6, 2013

golden week of dance~

So I decided to spend my first Golden Week in Japan dancing, and I think I did this very successfully! Starting on Wednesday, I danced every night (in one way or another) up until Sunday night, which also means the first four days of May were lots of fun - a good sign for the rest of the month to come!

My Golden Week of dance:
- Wednesday: salsa in Chiba
- Thursday: west coast swing in Omotesando
- Friday: Dance Central on the Xbox chez my friend Cory (which I totally think counts, especially since I've never played it before and it was super fun)
- Saturday: lindy hop at two separate Mood for Swing Events in Tokyo, essentially from early evening to early morning
- Sunday: west coast swing in Shinjuku

Basically lots of trips to and from Tokyo to do lots of dancing, which both my feet and my wallet probably don't appreciate too much, but it was really just so much fun. I hadn't planned on staying out all night Saturday since I was meeting friends Sunday morning, but I couldn't resist and it was well worth it. Danced a lot (a lot a lot), met new people, all that good stuff.

Besides dancing, I also went to a Cinco de Mayo celebration in Tokyo (so I guess I also did some salsa on Saturday, now that I think about it) and to one of Japan's biggest flea markets at Makuhari Messe (written about in more detail here), both of which involved lots of people and eating some yummy food. :D

All in all, I'd say it was an excellent first Golden Week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment