Tuesday, June 18, 2013

june no joujun

So 'joujun' means around the first 10 days of the month, which shows how far behind I am in posting...oops. As I mentioned in my last post, though, becoming a Chiba-kun Ambassador means I have been productively writing in a relatively timely manner on my other blog, so do me a favor and go take a look (and/or leave a comment)! :) Recent posts include an event with the Chiba Rotary Club, the Chiba-kun Ambassador ceremony, a trip to the Chiba City Museum of Art, and some adventures in Kamogawa down south!

From now on my adventures in Chiba will be posted about in detail there, so this blog will probably become a more summary listing of everything I do that isn't relevant to being a Chiba-kun Ambassador (because keeping two blogs is hard and I am lazy). Which it kind of was already anyway!

In that vein, here's some highlights of what I've been up to this month (besides what's up there):
- an ultimate tournament in Nagano with Re:turn, another Chiba ultimate team! Tons of fun and also sunburn, naturally.
- a concert of one of my favorite Japanese bands, Analogfish! It was my first concert in Japan and it was great even by myself - I'll probably go again next time they're in Tokyo!
- meeting up with my friend from Ishigaki! She happened to be in Narita on her way to Germany, so we had some dinner and caught up with each other.
- lots and lots of studying for the JLPT, which is now in less than three weeks. I keep alternating between feeling relatively confident and then being convinced I won't pass, so I guess no matter how it turns out I'll be somewhat prepared for the result? >_<

And then these past two days I was in Tokyo preparing my presentation for new JETs as a Tokyo Orientation Assistant! I won't be presenting alone (thank goodness), but it will be in Japanese, which is always a challenge. But I had a lot of fun getting to meet almost all of the other JETs who will be giving various presentations and I can't help but start to get really excited for Tokyo Orientation! I think it'll definitely be one of the highlights of the year (also the beginning of officially not being a new first-year anymore). :D

After one normal day of work tomorrow, I'll also be back in Tokyo for the PA conference on Thursday and Friday, so this week will be a blur! Definitely looking forward to meeting even more JETs and spending more time out of the office, of course. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment