Wednesday, November 14, 2012

mid-november

Wow, how did it get to be mid-November already?! These past two weeks have flown by, but that was because of family vacation! My parents and my sister and her boyfriend all came to visit, and they all just left today. I've written about most of the trip on my travel blog, but for a quick recap, we went to Kyoto and Hiroshima, took a day off in between around Chiba, then headed to Takayama, Shirakawa-go, and Kanazawa, all in a week and a half!

I went back to work on Monday, so they got to explore Tokyo by themselves for a couple of days. On Monday my parents came back to have dinner with me, and we went grocery shopping together, which they seemed to really enjoy - or at least my mom definitely did! She kept saying how she wants to come live with me for a month so she can try everything in the store (which I wouldn't object to, haha). And then on Tuesday we all had a last dinner together of stuff my mom cooked and a variety of Japanese beers that my dad wanted to try. Today I had to leave for work and didn't get to see off my sister and her boyfriend, but Satou-san let me take the afternoon off to send my parents off to the airport, which was really nice of him, considering I had just taken a whole week off. :)

It was definitely sad to say bye to everybody and now my apartment seems strangely quiet (after being crammed with 5 people for two weeks, haha), but hopefully they'll be able to come visit again! From now on it looks like the rest of November will be crazy busy too (including the CIR mid-year conference and a two-day visit by people from one of our sister cities), though, so things should stay exciting for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment