Sunday, December 2, 2012

good-bye november, hello december

Wow, it's December! November definitely went by faster than any other month so far (though I guess there have only been three of them, haha).

Work has gone back to normal since the Quezon delegation left, although I did end up staying late for the rest of the week. It turns out that I've worked enough overtime to take a whole day off sometime, so I'm thinking about taking Christmas Day off (since it's not a holiday in Japan)! I don't have any plans for Christmas at the moment, but we get Christmas Eve off as a makeup holiday for the Emperor's birthday, so it would be a four-day weekend. :D

On Thursday I went to my first night frisbee practice in a while, which was super fun! It was surprisingly warm and not at all windy, which was perfect frisbee weather (and again my team thought I was crazy for wearing shorts and a t-shirt when they were all in pants and long sleeves and gloves, haha). Next Saturday we have a tournament, which will be my first one in Japan - very exciting.

Friday I went to the library and ended up coming home with probably a lot more stuff than I can actually read/watch in two weeks, haha. It's been a really long time since I browsed a library for fun (sadly), and there's actually a pretty big English section in the Central Library so I just wanted to borrow everything! After that I just went out for dinner and started reading, which actually made a pretty great Friday night.

On Saturday I went to the International Association to volunteer for a Christmas event! There was a good amount of people there, including some pretty adorable kids. We set up and decorated a Christmas tree, which I think the kids had a lot of fun with, and I read 'Twas The Night Before Christmas out loud to the group. :D

After that I went to Lalaport to see the new James Bond movie! Having absolutely no expectations whatsoever (I've only ever seen one James Bond movie before this one), I actually enjoyed it a lot. We went to a ramen place afterward, and then my friend Ella came home with me to spend the night, since she was taking the JLPT today at Chiba University near my apartment, which was super fun!

This morning I walked over with her to the university and then spent the rest of the day reading in a cafe and just wandering around the area, which was super chill and awesome. I found a lot more little cafes and restaurants that I'd like to visit sometime, so hopefully I actually will, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment